One Heart Africa Academy (OHAA) is a co-educational Christian School based in East Legon, Accra and open to children aged 4 years (Kindergarten) to 12 years (Grade 6). OHAA believes in raising godly leaders with the skills they need to transform themselves, others and our global communities.
At all grade levels OHAA uses the Abeka Curriculum. The Abeka curriculum is a comprehensive, biblically-based curriculum from Preschool to Grade 12. Abeka uses textbooks, teaching aids, spiral learning approach, and ProTeach Lesson Videos that feature master teachers leading lessons in a classroom environment. The Abeka Curriculum has been accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSA-CESS) and by the Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (FACCS), since 1954.
OHAA also includes the Montessori way in Kindergarten. This approach is based on self-directed activity, hands-on learning, and collaborative play. The classroom environment is equipped with age-appropriate activities to guide the children in making creative choices for their learning.
In Elementary, OHAA includes S.T.E.A.M. STEAM Education is an approach to learning that uses Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics as access points for guiding student inquiry, dialogue, and critical thinking. This form of teaching encourages students to take thoughtful risks, engage in experiential learning, persist in problem-solving, embrace collaboration, and work through the creative process.
OHAA runs a three (3) term calendar starting from September to July.
Term 1 – September to December.
Term 2 – January to March/April.
Term 3 – May to July.
- Biblical Principles are the foundation of everything we do here at OHAA. We empower our students to attain their full potential and to easily think out-of-the-box in all situations.
- Lessons are expertly delivered in varying modes to keep interest and engagement with students at the highest levels at all times. These also included live-streaming from Abeka USA under the supervision of our able class teachers.
- An OHAA education is uniquely developed to touch and grow every aspect of your child’s education. Our cursive writing lessons start as early as KG4 (Age 4) to ensure every student acquires the best handwriting as they progress.
- Coding is also part of the early-age exposure we give our students. OHAA is keenly interested in nurturing global citizens with the required skills to fit and excel anywhere in the world.
- OHAA Elite Sports Program helps keep students active and fit. Some of the activities also teach them vital survival skills and allow them to discover and better their sporting passions. Activities include swimming, golf, tennis, etc. Kindly click here for more details.
- Another extracurricular activity we expose our cherished students to is the playing of musical instruments. These lessons are delivered by professionals in our music lab who ensure our students gain the needed confidence in playing a musical instrument of choice.
- OHAA takes the quest of nurturing global citizens to a whole new level. Languages like French & Korean are also taught. Our lessons go beyond just ensuring our students are able to read and write these languages, to expanding their understanding of the cultures these languages originate from.
We operate a maximum of 10 students per classroom. The small number makes the attention and supervision from teachers much better than in many other places.
With the already innovative tools and technologies OHAA traditionally deploys in its lesson delivery and education, adapting to the new normal and ensuring a sustainable and quality education for our students was not a big shift from an everyday business at OHAA. Our ed-technologies facilitated live streaming of Abeka Curriculum lessons right in the home of every student. Live interactions with teachers via video conferencing set-ups are also included. Kindly click here for more details.
Not only have we installed hand washing basins in every class rooms but we have also added additional hand washing taps. Our smaller class sizes will also help in monitoring and controlling the situation. It also helps to ensure the right social distancing in and around the classrooms. Above all, we pray for God’s protection over all our children.
No, however, please contact the School at email@example.com or +233 (0) 545 508 835 / (0) 20 284 0218 for more information.
Our school fees include tuition and all required textbooks. Tuition fees DO NOT include feeding, school uniforms, after school program fees and school items specified in the prospectus list.
All registration fees are non-refundable or transferable. Tuition is also non-refundable.
All payments to the school should be made via Bank Deposit, Bank Transfer, Payment Link, Mobile Money, Cheque.
No, cash payments are not acceptable.
Fees can be paid termly (3 terms in an academic year). Fees can also be paid yearly (1 time for the academic year).
Termly tuition fee must be paid at the beginning of each term within the first 14 days of the start of school.
PARENTAL PARTICIPATION FAQs
As part of Parental Participation you will need to support the school programme with memorizing bible verses, poems, roles in plays and programs, saying prayers, among other Christian and academic activities that require parental involvement.
You will also be required to attend open days, receive parent-teacher calls and perform other duties at the school.
We have an in-house hot kitchen with a qualified Chef. We serve Continental, Ghanaian and Oriental cuisines. The menu will be shared with parents. Lunch fees come at an added cost (not part of tuition).
Available after school activities include: piano, violin, taekwondo, robotics and golf.
Yes school uniforms are provided by the school. Uniforms come at an added cost (not part of fees).